Sunday, June 24, 2012

42- Pleasant Valley Sunday

Saratoga to Lamont
75 miles
Last night we were nearly carried away my a swarm of hungry devilish vampire bugs. I put up my tent as fast as possible and dove in. My bug bite collection is pretty impressive.
We hit the road super early this morning and crushed 42 miles in time for church.
By the time we got out the wind had picked up and temperature had too. No worries we crushed the remaining 33 miles and found a little slice of heaven right here in Wyoming.
When we got to Lamont the cafe had just closed but a lady poked her head out to see if we needed water. We told her we didn't and that we were planning on heading to Muddy Gap to camp. She strongly suggested that we didn't.
She pointed us towards our home for the night, a bicyclists hostel just a 1/2 mile up the road. I am sure glad she did. This place rocks!  It has teepee's to sleep in, ice cream in the freezer, and juice boxes chilled in the fridge. The price you may ask? Fo free.
Yet another awesome day in the life of Thomas and Abi. You all should check out Abi's blog, she had a few breakthroughs today. Should be interesting to read about.
I totally jinxed myself by talking about the nice shoulders btw. A good 10 miles of today's ride was gnarlier than any mountain bike trail I have ridden. Actually I kinda enjoyed it :)
T.



1 comment:

  1. dude, yes, this day was definitely defined by the serious crushing we did. 42 miles like it was nothing. "oh it's time for mass now? sweet"


    "i don't even feel like i rode today" ;)

    ReplyDelete