Sunday, June 17, 2012

34- Our trio is down to, well.. Me

Haswell to Pueblo
90 something miles.

Abi and I rode with the wind at our backs for the majority of the day. On one 20 mile section, we averaged 22mph... On loaded touring bikes.

I got my first sight of the rockies, at first I couldn't tell if they were clouds or mountains. As I got closer I was able to see they were mountains, really big mountains. Woah

It was another day of riding into storms. Shortly after I realized it was a mountain range, my view was obstructed by a big ol storm.
I upped my pace trying to get to Pueblo before the storm did, but no such luck. I got wet.

Pueblo is the half way point for the transamerican bike route, it is also where the western express route splits and heads west to california.

It was a bitter sweet day, I was excited to have reached Pueblo, but bummed to loose my friend and partner in crime. Abi is sticking to her origional plan of heading to Cali on the western express route.

We had a blast singing, goofing and laughing our way halfway across the country. Abi you shall be missed greatly.

I was able to meet Abi's brother and sister in law as they came to pick her up so she could visit them in Denver. We hung out in Pueblo as the sunset. It was a blast.

P.s. If you change your mind I will be in pueblo on monday. After all flexibility is the key to air power.



1 comment:

  1. haha oh andy, flexibility is the key to air power.
    how the world would be different right now if i had gone to cali.

    ReplyDelete