Tuesday, June 19, 2012

37- Guffey aka coolest place on earth

Canon City to Guffey aka coolest place on earth.

We got a super early start this morning to beat the heat. We climbed around 3000 feet to Guffey, where we were planning on stopping for lunch. Little did we know we would like the place so much.  Guffey isn't the biggest place we have stopped, its hasn't got the most shops, its not the most senic, but it has the most personality.  We got lunch at Rita's Place and it was delicious.  Rita is the sweetest, hardest working woman ever.  We ate, rested, debated and made the call to stay here for the night. Rita gave us directions to the Guffey Garage where they offer cabins for cyclists.  As I rolled up I relized I had landed in hot rodders heaven. Lots of sweet old cars would be a understatement. 

I got to tour the City Hall, garage and check out all the lil buildings spread across the place.  Man o man is it cool.  I am now a offical member of the G.G.G. (Guffey Garage Gang). Everybody here is nice, and super chill.


I was offered a job at Rita's who knows I may just take it... nah I have alot of good riding to come. 

More climbing tomorrow and more fun to be had.


Peace and Wheelies.

T!

P.s. I am so stoked to have Abi joining me for the second half of the trip, she is pretty much the coolest thing since water cooled engines.

1 comment:

  1. since water-cooled engines, ha. guffey was da best. let's go back asap. i'll make beds, you'll hand out menus at rita's.

    ReplyDelete