Saturday, June 16, 2012

33- 100

Leoti to Haswell
103 miles

Big day yesterday including the first century ride of the trip and the craziest storm. Will post more later.

We rode with a storm chasing us out of Kansas for the first part of the day. Funny because most people I know that go to Kansas go for storm chasing. Yall are crazy, I head the other direction.

State #6- Colardo
The welcome to colorful Colarado sign was a very welcome sight indeed.
I saw my first tumbleweed (i didn't think they acctualy existed)

We stayed in Haswell, population 76. Though we avoided the first storm of the day, we rode right into the second one. The storm made for a beautiful sunset, but once it got dark boy did it get crazy. Abi and I took shelter in the tiny lil post office and waited for it to blow over.

It eventualy calmed down and I was able to go back to the park to see if my tent was still there, luckily it was.

Great day on the bike, Abi's first century, all around awesome

T.



No comments:

Post a Comment