Sunday, June 17, 2012

35- Rest in the rockies.

I am in Colarado Springs for the weekend. Now you may say Thomas, pueblo and co springs are a-ways apart and weren't you just in pueblo.yesterday? My response, I have awesome friends.

Cody Morehead, my neighbor growing up, good friend, and all around bad arse fella made the drive down to see me in Pueblo. He and his fiance Joy roll up to me sitting on a bench chilling with my big green bike and bunch-o bags. I hadn't talked to him much about specifics of this SWVA reunion but it all worked out perfectly.

I was hoping for a rest day in Colarado Springs, though somehow after biking just shy of 200 miles in two days I forgot to mention that to Cody. They were very hospitable, and open to the idea. One small problem though, I have a bike to worry about.

How do you fit three people, four paniers and a touring bike in a sporty little vw golf? You don't, but luckily I had just made two new friends minutes prior to Cody's arival. Dave and Doug of the Marriot in Pueblo had stopped on their way back from dinner to get my spill about my trip. I shared my story, and gave them a card so they could follow my adventure through my blog. They were very kind and told me if I needed anything to go to the front desk at the Marriot and ask for them. I thanked them assuming I was set for the night.

Long story short, my bike stayed at the Marriot last night. Dave, a cyclist himself, was kind enough to let me store my Jolly green bike in his office for the weekend. What a blessing to be have a old friend who drove down to visit, and a new friend to make that visit possible.

I am laying on Cody's ultra plush couch as I write this looking out the window at Pikes Peak. I am so very excited to spend the day here in Colarado Springs, catch up on rest, and visit with Cody.

Woo!

Rest day continued- I went to church with Cody in Co. Springs and man was it amazing.

I got the grand tour of the area compliments of tour guide Cody. We checked out Pikes Peak,  and the Garden of Gods.

I stopped by a outdoor store and picked up a wool base layer, and some cord so I can keep my bag of food out of bears reach.

I am staying tonight were my bike stayed last night at the Marriot in Pueblo. The hospitality I have recieved is amazing. Thanks so much!




1 comment:

  1. Can you string up a sleeping hammock and hoist yourself out of bears reach??!! Think about it!

    ReplyDelete