Thursday, June 7, 2012

25- Oh my pie heaven


If I could pick a day from this trip to re-live groundhog day style it would be today.
I woke up to a dew free tent in Marshfield. I rode into town and got breakfast and coffee. I rode back to the park and sat in the sunshine to enjoy the morning. I met a couple walking their bear I mean dog. It was a two year old Newfoundland, every bit of 150 pounds. He was the fluffiest, biggest and nicest pup ever.
It was 8:45 or so by the time we got on the road. There were more rolling hills, with plenty of pretty farms to look at. We stopped in Fair Grove for lunch #1 at 9:45. (I have a really hard time not stopping at Subways.)
Back on the road again for more rollers and made lunch stop #2 in Ash Grove. We hit up the Copper Grill, a brand new restaurant in town. It was delish, I had a copper burger. Highly recommend it to anybody passing through.
I was a little slow getting started back the third time. A belly full of bacon cheeseburger makes me want to nap more than ride. We had about 34 miles till our destination at this point. I plugged along waiting for my legs to come back to life, and they did just in time for the flat ground.
I had the most glorious, amazing, awesome tail wind for the last 15 miles. Pushing me right into Golden City, my home for the night.
The farms are changing as the land gets flatter, no more modest little one tractor shows. Its irrigation systems, combines and huge tractor territory now. Absolutely beautiful. I know my Dad would love to see all the equipment. (Dad I passed a tractor dealership that was bigger than most car dealerships are in SWVA)
We hit up Cooky's Cafe for dinner right when we got into town.
I had a piece of dutch peach pie for dinner followed by chicken, a baked potato and apple sauce. Annnd then a piece of Reese's pie for desert.
I am so blissfully full right now. Yet another amazing day on the bike complete with tailwinds, cool temperatures and friendly motorists.
T!!

1 comment: