Saturday, June 2, 2012

20 - Chester to Farmington

This morning we rolled out from the pop-eye statue in Chester across the Mississippi and into Missouri. We rode with the aca group today, it was nice to get to know the guys through the day.
Abi and I stopped at a tiger sanctuary and got a tour. I mean how could you not stop there?
We got the grand tour and learned about the difference in Siberian and Bengal tigers. All the cats were snoozing in the sunshine but it was still cool to get the chance to see them.
Missouri is beautiful, rolling green hills, the bluest of blue skies and mountains on the horizon.
We stopped at a brewery and got lunch and I sampled a few of their beers. Very tasty.
It was a short day today, only around 50 miles. I think 19 days of riding is beginning to take its toll on me though. I think we are going to take a rest day here in Farmington tomorrow.
We are staying at Al's Place a hostile for cyclists, conveniently located across the street from the bike shop.  Its a very nice place with multiple rooms with bunks, showers, and laundry.
The aca guys have invited Abi and I to join them for dinner tonight. How sweet
nap time!



Looove T.

1 comment:

  1. Love your Instagram photos, so I decided I would spend part of my sick day reading your blog. It seems like you're having such a great experience so far! I'm hooked! Definitely gonna keep reading. So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete