Friday, June 22, 2012

40- Crashin the Tour of Colorado

78 miles- Kremmling to Walden

Miles and miles of Colorado beauty. Wind from every direction, the most memorable were gusts that felt like 30mph as we were climbing (thanks mother nature for the help). We did a 29 mile climb today that snaked along beside a river, very nice. I looked all day hoping to see a moose or bear but no such luck.

We rolled into Walden after battling a cross wind for 24 miles. Welp as it turns out the bicycle tour of Colorado is also in Walden. 1,500 cyclists all enjoying the last night of thier week long tour. Abi and I were celebrities as we looked for a spot to camp. Our loaded touring bikes stick out in a world of 17lbs carbon bikes. I answered a string of questions as I set up my tent, but after stepping just feet away from my bike I blended right into the crowd of tan line sporting skinny folk.

With 1,500 cyclists comes live music, lots of food, a mobile shower truck, and a buuunch of tents. I am happy we lucked up and hit walden the same night as the tour.

T.





1 comment: