Monday, July 23, 2012

70- Rest and reflection

0 miles from Seaside to Seaside

Hind sight is 20-20. Looking back I'm not sure there is too much I would do differently on this trip. 20 short miles remain between me and the end of this cross country journey by bike. It's early monday morning and my bags are packed, my bike is clean and my plane ticket is waiting.

We took a day off yesterday to enjoy the ocean, prepare for our flights home and kick back a little bit. We took a car trip to Washington State, where we may or mat not have gotten stuck in the sand. Though Neils little suzuki is all wheel drive its ground clearence is not all that. We got pulled out by a big chevy truck, silly silly me.

Yesterday eveneing was spend visiting with Niel and Marcello, we walked downtown for dinner. We sat around and shared tales and we laughed till my belly hurt.  Marcello is a journalist form Italy, who is couchsurfing while writing a few peices about western culture (mainly music).  We then had a nice fire on the beach, took a dip in the Pacific and had a few drinks before calling it a night.


I am rested and ready to ride. Let's go live!


Thomas H

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You and Abi made a great team and I am so very proud of you both. What a great accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete