Wednesday, July 11, 2012

59- New Meadows

60 miles- White Bird to New Meadows

Solid day of riding and reflecting. I wish all of you could experience this adventure with me, If only for one day. I can tell you day after day about how beautiful, amazing, or awesome the experience is, but none of it translates. The photos don't even come close to capturing what inspired me to take it.

This is so much more than a big bike ride. While it is pretty physical to ride 65 miles day after day, the journey is far more mental even spiritual..

After 50 some odd days of the ritual of camping, packing and riding you can really find a rhythm. That rhythm allows you to spend your time on the bike thinking about what is to come, what has passed or just take in what you are going through. I am not sure I even think about the fact that I am on a bike most of the time.

So while I wish I could tell you about how great todays ride was I can't.

I can tell you however, how great it is to reflect back on the past year of my life. Alot has changed and I feel I have learned alot, matured just enough and gained a appreciation for the things in life that matter. Family, friends, new experiences and old memories are just a few.

t.

2 comments:

  1. What an achievement it would be to carry what you are feeling now throughout your entire life! Looking back on each year with a feeling of understanding and growth

    ReplyDelete
  2. a good post. and also the day i spent my morning freaking out because of the earwig infestation. ughhhh, gives me shivers just thinking about it.

    ReplyDelete