Saturday, July 21, 2012

68- Hello?

71.232323232 miles from Grand Ronde to Tillamook

The camp ground in Grand Ronde was a interesting experience to say the least. Just as I was getting nice and settled in, juuuust about asleep, in rolls not one but two rv's full of loud.  Who shows up to a campground at 10:30?  They Loud's set up camp, cooked out, yelled screamed laughed and hollered into the wee hours of the morning.  I eventually got to sleep despite the racket.

I woke up to peace and quiet.  A Nice calm cool Oregon morning.  I went to check my phone that I left charging in the rest room. Door open, light on, no phone to be seen.  Bummer squared.

After asking my noisy neighbors, talking to the park managers and checking the bathroom about 15 times I pedaled west free of the technology that most of us are so dependent on.  Luckily for me I have taken the majority of my photos on a acctual camera and not my phone.

Phone you were a good one, i hope your new thieving owner treats you well.

Pacific!!!

Oh my beautiful ocean!! Abi and I stopped the at the first beach sign we saw and slowly walked through the sand to the big blue. It was a amazing to stand looking at the ocean that we just rode across the US to get to.  That being said, we still had 50 more miles to ride that day.  It was all I could do to get back on my bike.  But after all winners never quit and such.  So we rode on.

We reluctantly camped at the RV ground in Tillamook, this one was much quieter and i had no phone to get stolen. So two thumbs uP :)


A very phone free,
Thoma 



No comments:

Post a Comment