Thursday, July 19, 2012

67- Does this hat make by butt look fat?

82 miles from Coburg to Grand Ronde

Remember how I said Oregon is the Virginia of the west? Well todays ride proved that statement true yet again. I was having a hard time comprehending I wasn't out on a ride back home.

That being said, of course it is beautiful... it looks like VA!! The mountains have a nice blue color again. The freshly mown fields rolled out of sight and the smell of hay took me right back to Hedge Lane.

We are on the last map, with only a 150 miles till the end. Wow.

Abi picked me up a straw hat at the truck stop in Coburg this morning. It is truely a wonderful hat. Thanks Abi!

Im having a blast. There is a certain energy that I haven't felt since the first week. Pretty cool feeling.

Also we have started getting props for riding across the country. I was told by couple from Tenessee that I should be very proud of my accomplishment. And we even got our first high five from a fellow cylist. You have no idea how glorious that high five felt.

Thom


3 comments:

  1. We all are so very proud of you both. What a huge accomplishment and you will have tales and memories of these three months for the rest of your life, as well as a life long friendship. Contrats to you both. Love ya :) Mother T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your journal rocks :-)

    Nathan

    ReplyDelete