Thursday, May 31, 2012

18- Illinois-y is Rad



Last nights camping spot was sweeet. I made a big ol' fire to get warmed up after the sunset dip in the Ohio River. I slept amaazing and woke up to a beautiful sunrise.
My legs didn't want to pedal yesterday at all, but I took it nice and slow and got a bunch of neat photos with my real camera. (be patient, I will upload all of them next hotel I stay at.)
Luckily after a relaxing evening and a good nights rest I felt much better.
I had a very entertaining day on the bike today.
After three days of trying, I finally figured out how to whistle super loud like mom and dad does when they can't get my attention. I think it was great training trying to learn to whistle and ride at the same time. My lung capacity had to have increased.
I saw not one, not two, but three cozies on the side of the road today and a hilarious lifted 4x4 ford Ranchero, yeehaaw. Country is country wide for sure.
Tonight I am camping at the Devil's Kitchen  Campground outside of Murphysville-town-burro. Haha I don't remember.
Its a beautiful place right on the lake, Complete with showers and power to charge my phone.
Southern Illinois is absolutely beautiful. The road conditions... Not so hot. The last part of the day felt.more like a mountain bike ride.
That's all for now. If y'all are reading this daily give me a shout so I know my audience. I will also answer any questions anybody has.
Loooove T.

5 comments:

  1. Thrash, fallerin you. Miss putting your name on the schedule. Enjoy reading bout your progress.
    Peace,
    cb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Daddy and I have your blog set as the home page so we can see when you post :) Memaw & GD are following you daily, as well as Nanny, Donna, Pam, Larry & Gloria, and lots of others - Thanks for taking the time to share your adventure with all of us.
    You guys should go to Elephant Rocks State Park in Missouri - I went there when I was small and it was great..... but of course I love rocks :) Love ya Bunches.. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Thomas...This is G.E. Stike....Love the blog! Good reading. glad you all are having the time of your life!

    ReplyDelete