Friday, May 25, 2012

On the 12th day of touring

1- Indy fab
2- Schwable Marathon supreme tires
3- Pairs of bib shorts
4- Hospitable Churches
5- Dogs a biting at my panniers.......

Well you get the point. I know you start at 12 in the real song buut... hey this was easier.
Last night was the most pleasant yet, it was a clear night in Boonville. As the sunset the fire flies started to show. As it turns out Cali Bill had never seen a lightening bug before!
I slept under the stars, it was really amazing to lay and watch the fire flies blend in with the stars.  I woke to a soggy sleeping bag but it was well worth the view.
Michael rolled out early, planning on logging a big day in the record setting Kentucky heat. I'm pretty sure he is gonna do his own thing from here out. This decision resulted in a quiet first few miles for Abi and I. Bike touring is all about finding a pace you can sustain and enjoy, and mine and Abi's pace is a bit different than his. Who knows we may run into him again before the summer is out.
Abi and I rode the 50 miles to Berea before it got too hot. We are out of the big mountains and getting into the foothills now. There were more hayfield's than coal mines today. And lucky for me, only one dog tried to eat me today!
Berea is a fun little college town, it is known for its artists and shops. We milled around and checked out all the shops in the old part of town. We watched a lady making glass beads and ended  up getting a lesson on the process. We also checked out the music store, chocolate shop, and a bunch of the other artists shops.
We got dinner at a sweet lil'coffee shop near the college campus. It was delish.





I'm glad the mood of the day picked up and super pumped we got to check out this cool town.  Michael we miss you bud!

Thomas

2 comments:

  1. "OUR TRIO'S DOWN TO TWOOOOOOOO"

    ReplyDelete
  2. "You slept out there?"
    haha oh michael. we don't miss ya, bud.

    ReplyDelete