Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 6- Hey, I know this road!

Today we rolled out of Troutville after crushing the continental breakfast. I made friends with the fellas at the oil change place, and bummed a 1'' wrench to tighten my brake rotor.
Today's ride was scenic and enjoyable buuut I think we all were feeling a little less than fantastic. The last 20 miles of the day were a bit like work and not so much fun. Good news is we are staying in Dublin tonight at my house!! I dropped 10 pounds off my bike and gear weight and I'm feeling really happy about that.
Memaw made her famous lasagna for us, it was delicious. We celebrated Michael's birthday yet again with a ice cream cake my Mom picked up. All around a great evening.
We will be going to church in Christiansburg tomorrow morning and then riding to Wytheville.
I hope that my crew from the shop will join us for part of tomorrows ride.
It was great riding familiar roads and seeing folks out on their bikes. I love Virginia, love my family aand going to love the relaxed day tomorrow.
Heart T.



No comments:

Post a Comment