Sunday, May 20, 2012

Day 7 - Rest and Radios


Today has been great, it was just what we needed to wrap up week one on the road. We all slept in this morning, then headed to the farm for breakfast. Dad made sausage, eggs, biscuits , gravy,  and cinnamon rolls. Very filling and very delicious.
Then we went to church at Heritage on Route 100 in Dublin. We got there fashionably late but still caught the majority of praise and worship and the message. It was great to see Bubba and the fam there!
I installed Michael's new kickstand and then got on the road. We kept the mileage low today so we would not have to race the sunset and so we could let the legs rest a bit more.
Since I stayed at home last night I was able to drop off some clothing and gear that I hadn't used yet. That being said I also had the opportunity to pick up some new goodies. The best addition was a solar powered FM radio. We had a blast jamming out to 94.9 today.

We stopped at the draper mercantile for a late lunch and ice cream. My mom was there to greet us and take some pictures of us riding together.
I am beginning to think this is as much a culinary tour as it is a bike tour. I may be gaining weight!
We rode slowly, jammin dancing and singing the whole way to Wytheville.
We had a slight mechanical hic-up when Michael's chain decided it wanted to get to know his drive side spokes, but never fear! bike mechanic was here. We unlodged the chain, checked for bent links and tightened the low limit screw as to avoid it happening again.

We are camping tonight at the park in Wytheville. Its a beautiful, peaceful place to camp. I played in the frigged creek just like I used to as a youngin.
Also, we met two cyclists heading East. Abbi and Evan were stopping for a break just outside of Dublin. We had a nice chat and exchanged cards. Abbi and Evan if you read this, y'all rock, it was great meeting you and safe travels!
All and all a greaat day! Bike feels great. I think I'm at a much more manageable weight.
Thanks Mom and Dad, Memaw and Granddaddy for the good food and nice visit.
Looove
Thomas

No comments:

Post a Comment